Applied Geophysics and Geothermal Energy • Prof. Dr.rer.nat. Christoph Clauser
The chair is part of the department of Geoscience and Geography in the Faculty of Georesources and Materials Engineering. It is held by Professor Clauser since the year 2007.
The research areas are:
- geothermal exploration and energy use
- storage of carbon dioxide in the subsurface
- reservoir simulation (coupled flow, heat transfer, transport, and chemical water-rock interaction)
- interpretation of geophysical borehole measurements (log interpretation)
- physical rock properties (experimental and numerical petrophysics)